Another fabulous menu customized to our share contents, put together by Jackie Starr. Thanks, Jackie, for the great ideas!
- Simple mushroom barley soup, or America’s test kitchen version. Salad with greens and Caesar or vegan Caesar dressing.
- Beet pesto pizza, I made this recently, big hit. It’s earthy — serve with salad.
- Tempeh chimichurri dinner, can sub meat for tempeh. Roast potatoes and carrots, which will also be delicious with the sauce. Salad with greens, radishes, orange.
- Enchilada casserole. This vegan version uses potatoes, mushrooms, beans, and cashew cream. Easy to add chicken, meat, or cheese.
- Moroccan carrot chickpea salad. Serve with leftover soup and flatbread.
- Cooked, pureed pumpkin or butternut squash pancakes
- I pulled out of my freezer some Greek white bean and celery stew. I knew there had to be a soup out there that subs in celery root. I found a Greek bean and celeriac soup with tomato and also a differently flavored white bean and celeriac version of Greek lemon soup. If you are subbing in a darker colored bean it would probably look prettier and taste better in the first version with tomatoes.
- Roasted butternut squash with chiles and lime. Serve with corn tortillas, shredded cabbage or kale (massage in salt 15-60 min before or the day before, then dress with olive oil and lime), rice or millet. Make extra grain to have with potato curry.
- Bombay potato and peas. Serve with rice or millet and any kind of fresh salad. quick and spicy pickled onions.
- Beet and/or carrot salad with quinoa. Leftover soup.
- Two ways to dress up sweet potatoes and soba noodles with peanut sauce, one with raw sweet potato “noodles,” the other with cooked sweet potato in a bowl with other vegetables.
- Celeriac remoulade or celery root vinaigrette are great accompaniments for pan-fried fish or shrimp, or Cajun tempeh.
- Soup: Butternut squash miso soup with tofu
- Latkes! Sweet potato and white potato. Serve with mixed radish salad, with kale or greens if you have them.
- Carrots dipped in mushroom walnut pate. Rutabaga and apple salad.
- Since we didn’t get beets in November, I’m reposting Beets with pasta, sage, and brown butter. Salad of bitter greens, kale, or chard. Whatever you can get your hands on.
- Some sort of pad thai – tofu, bean threads, egg, Bittman version with shrimp, instructional video, or vegetarian.
- Warm lentil and potato salad, serve with a variation of shredded raw beet salad.